|Date||14 October 2017 – 15 October 2017|
|Address||190 Memorial Ave, L3V 5X6, Orillia, ON|
Do you work with clients with osteoporosis? Bone Fit™ is an evidence-informed exercise training workshop designed for healthcare professionals & exercise practitioners who work with clients with osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis Canada will be hosting our 2-day Bone Fit™ Workshop at Functional Fitness, Orillia, ON on October 14-15, 2017.
What will you learn about at the workshop?
- Learn about the most appropriate, safe and effective methods to prescribe and progress exercise for people with osteoporosis.
- Learn about simple transitional movements, activities of daily living and recreational pursuits adaptable for people with osteoporosis.
Who should go to this and what is the cost to register for the workshop?
- Bone Fit™ Basics (1-day, $200) is aimed at exercise and fitness professional working in the community with uncomplicated osteoporosis clients.
- Bone Fit™ Clinical (2-day, $400) is for rehabilitation professionals working in a clinical environment with simple or complex osteoporosis.
How long is each day?
· Basics is from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Clinical is from 7:30am to 4:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am to 3:30pm on Sunday.
Who teaches the workshops?
- Bone Fit™ workshops are led by our Lead Trainer, Judi Laprade, Ph.D, an Associate Professor at the Division of Anatomy, University of Toronto.
What are the benefits of becoming Bone Fit™ -trained?
- After you have passed your final test, you will appear on the Bone Fit™ -trained Professional Locator Map. Individuals who are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in working with clients with osteoporosis will be able to find you on this map.
- You will be recognized as Bone Fit™ -Trained.
- Continuing Education Credits are available with CSEP, Canfitpro, OFC, CPTN, CFES, CATA and YMCA upon completion of Bone Fit™ training.
Spaces are limited. Please register by October 5, 2017 at www.bonefit.ca
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Ng, Education Coordinator at 416-696-2663 x2290 or email at email@example.com