Women Mentoring Women for Inclusive Leadership
21 July 2017
Kitchener - September 19, 2017 (English)
Ottawa - September 27, 2017 (English)
Ottawa - September 28, 2017 (French)
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please submit your completed application to email@example.com by September 5, 2017.
The Ontario Women’s Health Network (OWHN) is currently accepting applications for the Women Mentoring Women for Inclusive Leadership Program. This program supports not-for-profit organizations to foster mentoring between staff with the goal of increasing the inclusion of women in leadership opportunities.
The program will offer a number of tools to support organizations and staff to establish and maintain a mentorship relationship and the development of more inclusive work environments. The program is designed to engage two women from each participating organization.
Organizations interested in applying to participate should complete the attached application form and return it to OWHN by end of day, August 21.
Please do not hesitate to contact OWHN with questions about the program or application process.
Who is the program for?
TWO women staff/employees from each participating NFP organization:
- MENTOR: a woman in a leadership position (such as a director or managerial position)
- MENTEE: an emerging female leader (such as entry or middle level position)
What does the program offer?
Continuous support to:
- Establish and maintain a mentorship relationship
- Encourage more inclusive and equitable leadership
- Facilitate a collaborative and inclusive workplace
Events and resources:
- Regional workshops
- Inclusive leadership manual
Benefits of participation
- Develop internal leadership capacities
- Facilitate an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Increase access to inclusion resources and tools
- Participate in supportive networking opportunities
- Strengthen your organization’s capacity for the future
Criteria for participation
Applicants need to be willing to participate in the following program activities:
- Attend one of the program’s four one-day regional workshops
- Meet regularly with your mentor/mentee
- Evaluation (post and 6-month post workshop surveys)
- Webinar held early 2018 to share experiences, challenges and successes
Workshop topics of discussion
- Barriers and facilitators to inclusive leadership development
- Mentor relationship development
- Practical experiences of personal and organizational efforts to address leadership development and inequities in the workplace
- Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration Partnership Grant